Saturday, September 26, 2009

scrappin', raftin', and baby einstein

So...today was beautiful, rainy, and then beautiful again. We all stayed close to home exept for Oliver, who spent the night with Ma'am and Pop. He spent the night and then stayed, and stayed, and stayed......I ended up calling my parent's house to report a missing child. Actually, I'm glad he likes to hang at their house. He got 'happy faces' everyday for two weeks straight, so it was a special treat to finally get to stay at their house for the first time in a while. It also gave me a chance to get some scrapping done at home. While I was scrapping, Clay was doing this:



Since there had been SO much rain, he and the guys decided once again to ride the rapids of the creek, or atleast play in it.

Eliza just took a bath and is wearing her gown from Bloomingdales that her aunt Mal Mal brought her from NYC. This one's just for you, Mal Mal.


This is the page I worked on today. It's a family tree for Eliza's baby book- took me FOREVER to go through all of my pics to find the ones that were the right size to crop down to fit in the spaces. I had a pic of everyone except Clay's grandmother on his Dad's side. The page is from the Becky Higgins Sweet Baby Kit, which is FABulous.

This is the title page of her baby book that I completed a couple of weeks ago. I wish I could say that I designed this one all on my own, but alas...I straight up copied the design from, you guessed it- Becky Higgins. She is my fave.


While I was working on the family tree page, Eliza was sitting with me on the table in her Bumbo. (LOVE that thing!) I went to scan some pics and when I came back, she had fallen asleep in it! Poor baby, that could NOT have been very comfortable. I moved her to her crib, and she slept for 3 hours. It was lovely.

This is what she was doing before she fell asleep. She watched some baby einstein dvd's today for the first time and actually liked them. It held her attention for about 20 minutes, and then she remembered no one was holding her. She watched it again as soon as I picked her up and HELD her in front of the tv. Silly girl.

Well...tonight's the season premiere of SNL. I'm pumped! While we were out on a date last night, Clay tricked me into thinking for just a minute that LAST night was saturday. We were at Barnes and Noble having coffee and reading magazines, and I jumped up and said we'd better hurry and pick up Eliza so that we could get home in time. He just laughed, of course. Funny, funny Clay....



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...