Friday, October 29, 2010

a little theatre with our dinner...

First things first....
This precious baby girl turned 5 months old yesterday.
Happy 5 months Mary Martin!
To celebrate, we took her to her first dinner theatre. (okay, not really, but she did go with us tonight and was a perfect angel. Sat in my lap the entire time and loved the music!) We went to the ACT's mystery dinner theatre tonight at Forrest Lake United Methodist. SO fun. If you have never been to a dinner theatre, I highly reccommend it! Especially one written by Joey Lay. There was lots of audience participation, and even being served the different courses of our meal was written into the script and almost choreographed. (FYI- the link above will take you to the ACT's website where you can find out more about the organization. It's also the company that produced Hairspray that yours truly was in last month.) We took Oliver and MM with us (Eliza would not have been still for even a mili-second) and we all had a fabulous time. Here's the cast on stage after solving the mystery....
Here's MM enjoying the show.

And yes....that IS Oliver licking his plate. He loved watching the show and enjoyed every last bite, or lick, of his banana pudding.

Earlier in the day, his class at school had their Halloween party. Actually, I think they called it "Miss Spider's Tea Party". The decor was pretty impressive. Silver candelabras draped with cobwebs and huge strands of pearls, real glass tea cups with purple and orange punch, three-tiered serving dishes with party food. The girls all got a feather boa and the boys each got a fuzzy purple hat.


half-way through, he decided to put on his spider hat that he'd made earlier that morning.

The principal, Dr. Lamon, even made a visit to the tea party.

SO glad his party started during my lunch break so I could visit too. I think I have a real future in stretch-out-your-arm-and-take-your-own-picture photography, by the way...

look what came in the mail today...
my latest freebie, all because I became a fan of Scrapbook Circle on facebook. I was a randomly chosen fan and received this months scrapbook circle kit for F-R-E-E. I love those vintage school papers and the flash cards. And those papers? Yep. They're double-sided. Oh, the possibilities...
our church's fall festival is tomorrow night and I'm making the decorations. Oliver helped me trace and cut out triangles to make a banner. For this project, you will need paper, a triangle template, pencil/pen, scissors, and a 5 year-old with a vast knowledge of Star Wars.

And last, but definitely not least, I leave you with this picture of MM as a banana.
Couldn't you just eat her up???
(yes. the answer is yes)



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...