Thursday, February 10, 2011

and I was a doubter...

I admit it.
I didn't believe we'd get snow.
So often, James Spann gets our hopes up, only to have a
'light dusting'
or as was the case a few weeks ago (when we missed two days of school)- only ice on the roads.
Last night as O and I left church, the flakes had started to fall...

Oliver was so excited, he proceeded to do some sort of
bring-on-the-snow dance




The snow fell,
and fell,
and fell,
which was a huge deal.
Because, ya know, we live in the South.
This never happens.
(Well, almost never)
And when we woke up this morning,
this is what we saw...






of course, a Star Wars critter had to accompany us outside before leaving for school.
That's right.
Ours was the only school system that didn't opt to start late. We still had to be there by 8:00.
Poop on that.
Would have much preferred to have those 2 extra hours to play outside with O and chug several cups of coffee.
Mary Martin did not sleep last night, poor baby.
Lots of crying (from her and myself, simply because I was exhausted and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was upsetting her). I also hated having to explain to Oliver on the way to school just why in the world we were having to go to school when it was cancelled only a few short weeks ago for ice and no snow. I sadly told him that once school was out this afternoon, it would all be melted.
But it wasn't.
Not all of it.
So, still a snow day, with a side of school thrown in.

It is beautiful to look at, eh?

And...
I'm still working on my wedding post. I have so enjoyed looking back at the pictures from that day. So special. I also have a challenge for myself that involves something that was a huge part of this day. Details coming soon to a theatre near you.
(Or...just on this blog)


3 comments:

Lynn @whispersfromwildwood said...

I know what it's like to doubt the snow event. That's the only bad thing about living in the south - that and mosquitos!

I'm a new follower and love your blog. I've also nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. If you'd like to accept, just go to my blog post for the instructions:)

Brittany said...

I love Oliver's bring-on-the-snow dance! It did the trick!

Green Door Girl said...

Oliver's snow dance is priceless! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...