Monday, March 28, 2011

My Fair Lady nursery

hello Friends!
How was your weekend?
Nothing too spectacular went on here, however, I did finish a project that I can't wait to show you. Have to wait for daylight for better pics though...

Today, I thought I'd share with you our girls nursery.
I love their room, and I also figured if I don't start cleaning/photographing the rooms in my house soon, I'm never going to finish the 'house tour' tab under my header and it's driving.me.crazy.


I went with a My Fair Lady theme for our nursery because we named our first daughter Eliza- after Eliza Doolittle. I'd actually had that name picked out for my little girl since I was about 12 years old, so it's a darn-tootin good thing the hubs didn't hate it. (It was also around this time that I started loving anything and everything to do with Audrey) Framed movie poster is from ebay.

Here's an aerial view.
sort of

Those curtains are on my to-do list for this room since they don't go to the floor. They're made by Dwell Studio and that's just how they were made, but it drives.me.crazy. I bought an extra one, so I actually have plenty of fabric to lengthen them all. Just haven't done it yet. The window boxes were already in the house when we bought it- we just painted them white. The room was also a buttery yellow and we went with Tomorrow's Taupe by Behr. Really makes the trim and boxes 'pop'.

Here's what you see when you enter the room.
Changing table,
chair (from a second-hand furniture store for $25)
book rack (free from my church)
shelves (which the hubs put up a few weeks ago)




To find out how I made the wallflowers, go HERE.
The prints above the changing table are reproduced sketches by Cecil Beaton himself of costumes that Audrey wore in the movie, My Fair Lady. I scored all 4 sketches for 5 bucks on ebay.
oh how I love me some ebay.




I also love that the background color of the sketches happens to be the exact color of the paint on the walls.

Eliza has a big 'E' in white with her name in cursive over it in hot pink-
love those vinyl decals. Her crib bedding, as well as the cutains, chair pillow, and random accessories in the room are the Olivia pattern by Dwell Studio. I purchased every single bit of it on clearance at 4 different Target stores. In one day. Lots of driving around with my mum and sis and big huge belly, but oh so worth it.


I found the little teal vases at Michael's on clearance for 35 cents a piece (there's another on the dresser) and the pink car is from the hubs collection. I wanted something of his in the room, and this was the perfect fit. Lamp bases and shades are also from Target. The table is an original Drexel and was purchased at the thrift store. I think $25? The black wooden animals are from the $1 bins at Target.

Since this room was our guest room when we moved in, we kept the full bed and bought new linens (Shabby Chic bedding from Target). The door in the corner leads to a jack-and-jill bathroom connected to the master. I know- that's weird. We think the master was originally the bedroom located down the hall that's connected to the other bathroom. It's a much smaller room though, so we opted to put the master in one of the larger bedrooms.


The dresser is from Sealy Furniture (the same Sealy that sells second-hand furniture, which is where the $25 chair came from) and was purchased new. It's actually a media stand and the spaces for DVD player, Wii, etc. were perfect homes for some fabric bins I had in the Dwell Studio fabric. The black initials are from the hob lob and the frames were gifts.

The porcelain Eliza figurine is from ebay and the book is from Sams. Yep, same place we buy 5 gallon barrells of cheese puffs. I LOVED the cover and knew I wanted to find a spot for it in the room. Book stand is from Home Accents.

And here's baby #3 in crib #2! MM was hanging out with me while I snapped pics of the room. Th round mirror is from IKEA and was once centered over the dresser. When we found out about baby #3, we moved the dresser on down to make room for another crib and never relocated the mirror. On the to-do list...

MM's bedding is also Dwell Studio, but a different pattern. I wanted her to have her own thing, ya know? I found the dots bumper and crib skirt on clearance for 17 bucks and the sheet was 10.

The lovely canvas on the door was a gift from 2 of my voice students. (thank you Mary Helen and Ashton!) As you can see, it's sometimes used as a makeshift bow holder. That's also on my list of things to make...



And that's the nursery!

As you can see, I still have quite a bit I want to do in here, but for the most part the room is put together. Interesting story about the drum fixture- do you have time for a story? The hubs and 2 friends were actually hanging it in the room the night before I was scheduled to be induced. I sat and watched them working, and commented that B-H contractions were just the coolest because they didn't hurt but my tummy would be rock-hard one second, and then relax again. hahaha....
Fast-forward a few hours and E is in my arms.
Perhaps I'll blog our speed-to-the-hospital-and-barely-make-it-on-time story someday soon.

And for any of you out there that may be wondering-
our girls are 12 months apart.
E was born in May 2009,
MM was born in May 2010.
Don't you just love how God knows exactly what we need, and who  we need, and when we need them, even when we have no clue?

oh how I love my babes-
have a wonderful day!
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...