Monday, August 15, 2011

weekend recap

Happy Monday friends!
How was your weekend?
Ours was crazy busy, as usual.
Here's a bit of what we were up to over the past few days-

O finished up his first week of 1st grade.
The verdict?
"It's so much easier than kindergarten"
(I told him to give it time...)

MM had her first pigtails on Saturday. After seeing me fix E's hair, she brought me a ponytail holder and leaned her head over towards me as if to say, "my turn now".
How could I resist?


Went thrifting Saturday morning.
Thrift store was THE most crowded I've ever seen it.
Full post on what else I grabbed while I was there coming later this week.
Went to a beautiful wedding Saturday night-
Congrats to Amy and Adam!

The reception was in Smith Hall on UA's campus.
Gorgeous locale for a party-




My fam-
since the hubs was working (boo) I went with my parents.
My seester was a bridesmaid.
Loved the floor-length navy bridemaids dresses.

My seester and her beau.

Best reception band. EVER.

Fab getaway car, no?

These cute favor boxes were on a table at the door, and this was inside-

yum

and just look who was still awake when I got home and more than willing to help me eat it

The kitchen is painted!
Wa-to the-hoo my friends!
We're definitely starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For anyone who'd like to know-
we went with Natural Gray by Behr from Home Depot.
And, just in case you were wondering, I went through about 43 shades of gray before deciding on this one.



So ready for our dining room to be pretty again...

Cabinets are being installed today (sqee!)
and
our laundry room doors should also come in today.
More updates soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...