Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Art off Main

Happy Tuesday friends!
Today I want to introduce you to a new arts + crafts studio located in downtown Northport. One of the owners is a friend of mine and I was so excited to get to attend the studio's open house last Friday night with my friend Kara & her daughter Elaina. I think you'll be as impressed with this new space as I was!Take a look:

We were greeted by this fabulous chalkboard as we entered, and just look at that crowd-


yup.
The place was hopping!
There were folks everywhere!
Lots of mingling and shopping and creating going on.

What were they creating, you ask?


These adorable photo holders that were actually a free project that night.
I know...
now you're sad you missed it.
I'm sorry.


Cute project, huh?

Elaina grabbed an apron and got started right away.


While she was busy painting and Kara was busy rolling some fabric rosettes,
I snapped a few pictures of the fabulous food + decor.
There was a beautiful peacock theme going on-






yes, I love food and I like to take lots of pictures of the food and I also enjoyed the eating of the food.

back to the studio-

The big open area in the front is a perfect space for teaching all sorts of classes,
but what else do they offer?

I'm so glad you asked...


These awesome cabinets with chalkboard fronts were the perfect way to advertise what the space will be used for.


classes in sewing, painting, knitting, photography, crafts, scrapbooking,
birthday parties,
wedding planning,
bridal showers,
and you can also rent it out for your own special event!

That space led to a charming courtyard in the back.
So pretty.
I'd like to have a party out there,
wouldn't you?


In addition to offering classes and hosting parties,
the space also has a boutique with handmade goods for sale-


 everything from cute party hats and dresses to pin cushions and jewelry-


Also on display were several of the items that will be made in upcoming classes,
like this beautiful photo on canvas:


and this gorgeous book page wreath.


And in last Saturday morning's class,
this was the craft:


So creative and cute!
Roll Tide, y'all.

Aren't you so inspired now to make something?
Or to take a class that will teach you how to make something?
I don't know about you, but I'd love a few dozen of those canvas photos on my walls.
Yup.
Sure would.

And look who was super proud of her photo holder:


To see a schedule of classes being offered and to reserve your spot, go HERE.
If you have questions about booking special events such as birthday parties, showers, or any other questions in general,
 you can e-mail the owners (Amy & Miranda) at:
info(at)artoffmain(dot)com

And if you find yourself near downtown Northport, look for this awning-


I'll be back tomorrow with a kitchen update.
Something actually happened in there yesterday!
So exciting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...