Thursday, December 29, 2011

Around here...

...we're still putting away new Christmas toys,
and building some of them.

yes, he's crazy flexible.

...still enjoying our realnotfaux tree.

...drinking lots and lots and lots of coffee and tea from this new piece of aswesomeness.

 
...lots of Nerf battles are raging.
Even the girls are getting in on the action.


...lots of princess dress wearing is goin' on.
Lots of new dresses + shoes in the princess wardrobe now.

...lots of staying up late + sleeping late.
I love this part.
Not having to wake up early to go to work is an invitation for me to stay up as late as I want. I read, I watch Fallon, I tweet, I scour the internets looking for great boots. Speaking of boots...

 ...searching for the perfect pair of black boots.
Already own the perfect pair of brown ones, but alas...
no black.
And the perfect boots is hard to come by, my friends.

...6 loads of laundry were done today. Everyone is sleeping on clean sheets as I type. Well, not me of course. Just the 4 others I live with. I'd love to say that 6 loads was the whole kitncaboodle, but it's not. 3 loads remain in hampers, but I'll think on those another day.

...lots of 'too small clothes' are coming outta the kiddos closets. This part of cleaning out is hard for me. Just proves that they are, in fact, getting bigger and can no longer wear that cute minky dot jumper or that favorite Star Wars shirt anymore.
boo.

...finally watched Water for Elephants. I don't know that I've ever seen another movie that stayed so true to the book it was based on. (Besides omitting much of the modern-day storyline.) I quite enjoyed it, and since it was a gift from the hubs, I'm looking forward to enjoying it again and again and again...


...lots of hugs and kisses and playtime.
Oh how I LOVE being home during the day with my kiddos.

...we're drinking some crazy good milk.


Crazy good and crazy fattening.
Good thing it's limited.

...started reading this today.

have any of you read it?
It's written by Nester's sister.
I gifted it to myself, along with these swell dish towels I found at Target last week.


...we like to make up songs while we hold our new Barbie umbrella.
I believe she titled this song, "It's Raining Outside".

***
things are calming down,
despite those raging Nerf battles.
***

I hope all of you had a lovely Christmas. We were blessed to be able to spend time with almost all of our family last week. Looking forward to lots more dress-up and snuggles and legos and songs and milk mustaches and lazy mornings and no more laundry.
(for a little while, at least)

Happy Thursday friends!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...