Friday, June 29, 2012

Flashback Friday

Let's call this post 'The Big Bang Theory', shall we?


I've said it before and I think it bears repeating- "Those with naturally curly hair should not have bangs". I give you exhibit A:


See them? Those wispy little sad-and-not-a-clue-how-to-be-bangs bangs? I was 12 in the picture above, and old enough to know better. I had enough bang mishaps in elementary school to fill 6 yearbooks, and yet... I asked for them.

Again.
Silly girl.
At least I was the master of 'my bow is taller than your bow'.
And 'my socks are redder than your red socks'.
And 'my chest is flatter than your chest'.
Oh wait...

Fast-forward 4 years.
I got wise, grew the bangs out, and then...
I cut them.

Again.



Why.can't.I.learn?

There I was, trying to change the world, when I was really just distracting folks with the craziness on my forehead.
Shame on me.

Fast-forward 12 years.
(sigh)

I got scissor happy.

Again.

This time, I figured I couldn't go wrong, what with the invention of the flat iron and such.


Still....not great. The redeeming factor in the photo above has to be the Tony winner who agreed to pose with me, despite my crazy bang.


See this one? It's actually a happy photo, where I'm pointing at Patti's boob and thinking,
"I just saw this amazing show and my bangs have never looked better!"
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...