Friday, August 17, 2012

Flashback Friday

Happy Friday to ya! Before I get to today's flashback, I must first state to the blogoshpere, and to the universe, that I am currently wearing a pair of white jeans that haven't seen the light of day in 6, yes SIX years because the faculty at my school is taking our annual photo today in black shirts and white jeans. I assumed that since I haven't purchased white jeans since Justin Beiber was still you-tubing that perhaps I'd have to stand in the back in a pair of khakis, which I was fine with. However, I knew I'd kept these babies around in the chance that someday I could shed those 70+ pregnancy pounds and once again flit about in a pair of white pants.

All of the pounds have definitely not been shed, but these things are on me and zipped with only minimal muffin toppage, so get ready.

I'm about to flit about.

In white jeans.

Moving on.

Today's flashback Friday post is a look back at the first time I had the privilege to do Into the Woods. The year was 1995 and I played Cinderella. My director was Linda Bonds (shout out to ya, Mrs. B, if you happen to be reading!) and I was a sophomore in high school. I loved this show. Correction, I still love this show. I was also heavily into traditional scrapbooking at the time, so without further adieu, I give you a glimpse into MK's scrapbook, circa 1996.


If you attended Hillcrest between the years of 1995-2011? then you're well aware that the Milky White from this production went on to roles in every single theatrical production after this one. Not quite sure when he stopped making appearances, which is why I have a question mark next to the year, but he's famous. Totally famous. And this was his first show.

Yes, I cut out a pic of Jack and stuck him in a beanstalk.

Yes, I totally cut those trees out by hand.

I also cut the letters by hand since this is pre-cricut invention.


Isotoner house shoes and a black Ironman watch.
Awesome.


School begins for us on Monday and rehearsals for Into the Woods, Jr have been underway for a week now. Good-bye Summer, hello crazy busy hectic Fall schedule. I hope that all of you had an awesomely wonderful week and that you have a fabulous start to the school year. If you're already IN school, then I hope it's going swimmingly!

Don't forget- my trunk show is tomorrow for the new line of Matilda Jane. If you'd like to see the goods in person, my trunk keeper will be here from 2-4, and if you're not local but would like to place an order, you can e-mail me at funnygirl33180(at)aol(dot)com. You can view the first release of this collection online now, and here are a few of my faves-



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...