Thursday, December 6, 2012

an afternoon in the Son

Jetting back in time today to share a few pics that I never posted. This was a solid hour of free Fall family fun. Say that five times fast. A little magic was created with a leaf blower and the perfect amount of sunlight.

I can't help but think of the lyrics to Nichole Nordeman's Every Season as I look at these...

***


And even when the trees have just surrendered
to the harvest time,





forfeiting their leaves in late September,
and sending us inside,




still I notice You when change begins,
and I am braced for colder winds.




I will offer thanks for what has been,
and what's to come-



You are Autumn.





Love that song.
Love those words.
Love seeing God's handiwork in all of creation.
Love playtime.
And jumping.
And piling. 
And throwing.

Also love it when my kids do things like this so that I'm a part of it all.


Thank you God for afternoons in the Son.

p.s.- here's a video I found on youtube that beautifully illustrates what this song is all about- 
seeing God's hand in every season of life.

If you've never heard these words before, give it a listen.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...