Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow Day 2013

It snowed here yesterday.

It never snows.

Most of the children I teach have only seen snow twice in their lifetimes, counting yesterday.

Kind of a shame that we spent most of the day in school, because you just really never know. The last time we were out of school for possible snow, it didn't. No snow. Not one bit.

That wasn't the case yesterday. It came down, and down, and down....all over the place.

Twas gawgeous, I tell ya. Gawgeous.

It began during my 4th class of the day. I was sitting at the piano singing with a class of 2nd graders, and I walked to the windows and pulled up the blinds. And they screamed. This is what happens, folks. We live in the South. The white stuff that falls from the sky excites us.

We were dismissed early from school at 1:00 which was quite possibly the worst time to have put people/buses on the roads, but again- we have so little experience with snow. Here are a few pics from the day...


2nd graders mesmerized by the falling white stuff. Mesmerized.

I didn't get to play with the girls in the snow since they were with their grandmother, but she sent me pics. Thanks MawMaw.


This is what we looked like after walking through the parking lot at school.

And this is what it looked like on the roads. I promise I had come to a complete stop, Mom.

SO so so glad there was still snow on the ground at our house when we finally made it home.



I'm contemplating climbing on the roof to use that snow for a massive snow man. Didn't do it, but I thought about it.

And O did this ALL by himself. I found the sticks and he rolled the snow. He also had some fun with the kids that live across the street from us- throwing snow balls, making more snow angels, and just generally getting soaking wet.

Fun. Day. y'all.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...